Guidelines for Grant of Dealers Licence
The Licence application to sell the Weights and Measures shall be furnished in the prescribed proforma i.e. LD-1 along with supporting documents / papers etc., and the following points are to be examined.
(A) Proof of Legal possession of the shop premises.
The applicant must have legal & physical possession of the premises and furnish latest Rent receipt / Sale Deed / House Tax Receipt / Any other document and No Objection Certificate from the owner of the property.
(B) Minimum area required.
The shop premises should be suitable and adequate and must be of independent entrance without opening any residential part of the premises.
II. Constitution of the Firm:
In case the firm is not a proprietorship concern the firm should submit a copy of Partnership deed duly attested by First Class Magistrate / Notary / Oath Commissioner and in case of Private Company or Limited Company, Memorandum of Association approved by the Ministry of Company Affairs, Govt. of India.
III. Site Plan:
A site plan of the premises shall also be furnished by the applicant.
IV. Proof of Financial Status:
The applicant shall furnish the proof of financial status, to sell any Weights and Measures. The Licensing Authority shall assess the Financial status before granting the licence.
V. Sales Tax Registration Number:
The applicant shall furnish a copy of Sales Tax Registration Number, if registered with the concerned Department.
Documents to be attached with the Prescribed Application Form
1. Proof of the legal title of the premises attested copy of the Sale Deed / Lease Deed / Allotment letter / Property Tax receipt.
2. Rent receipt / N.O.C. from the owner.
3. Copy of the Constitution of the firm.
4. Proof of the financial status.
5. Site plan.
6. Memorandum and Articles of Association in case of Private Limited Company and Limited Company.
7. Sales Tax Registration Number, if registered.